27 February 2009

Pimping Your Friends



I'm alerting all of you today to the fantastic talents of my dear, good friend Buddy. Aka Zachary Taylor: Photographer. 

I'm pimping his extraordinary talents to make some of you aware of his keen eye, and wickedly insightful touch. 

The above image of the Cyclone at Coney Island is something I strongly feel to be iconic. Knowing my great love for this image, Zack, like the dirty man slave he is, made me a print for my birthday that I absolutely love. Truly, one of the best birthday gifts I've received in recent memory. 

The composition of the photograph is so full of wisdom, you literally have to be a surf nazi not to love it. The use of negative space in relation to the action we're seeing on the roller coaster itself is an exercise in restraint. 

To my friend, I salute you. Now go grab some strange ass and visit www.zack-taylor.com

Finally, you may have all noticed that I've been a bit more mushy lately. I vow to you all this will change. I just got to roll out the series' yo!

1 comment:

  1. Did you finish all of your math, Buddy? Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I was bummed that I didn't get a chance to talk to your Moms last night...I may have missed my chance of becoming the next employee of the month!

    ReplyDelete